- SMT is a technology to assemble electic components upon printed circuit boards.
- SMT has the advantage of producing smaller components at a lighter physical weight
- It reduces the need to drill holes into the printed circuited board
- In simple, single-layer circuits, this technology enables simpler automatic assembly (each component is placed only on one side of the board) which enables higher production rates
- In multi-layer circuits it is possible to assemble components on the reverse side of the printed circuit board as well
- Using less material at soldering points (reduces the resistance and induction of the connection points, enabling work at higher frequencies)
- Better resistance to tremors
26 בJanuary 2014